Psalm 92:13-14 MSG "transplanted to GOD's courtyard, They'll grow tall in the presence of God, lithe and green, virile still in old age"
Lithe def. supple
Virile def. strength, vigor, power, potent
Where are you planted? Are you planted in good soil or just in a pot off to the side? Get planted in God's house, His courtyard! Get connected with God, His Word & His people.
What are you & I producing? What fruit do we bear?
Colossians 1:10 - "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God"
Galatians 5:22,23 - "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. "
Mark 12:30,32 - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
Neighbor def. One who lives near or next to another, a person, place, or thing adjacent to or located near another, a fellow human
"Is God asking you to crawl to China or just to cross a street?" - "Crawl To China" song by Tourniquet
I pray that today you & I are fruitful by loving God, loving people & ourselves. Maybe you & I can bring life,light,love or hope to a neighbour or workmate today?
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Slightly off topic - I noticed that Tourniquet (the band I mentioned in the post) have released their own branded coffee!!!!!
Jason, you're one planted Dude !! This teaching has been a breath of fresh air to us in recent years...thanks to Brian and the Hillsong ethos for this gem! God bless you all.
Thanks Gavin for your posts & comments. Thanks to Brian, Bobbie & team too - we are blessed.
Post a Comment