I was re-reading my notes from last month’s Men’s Conference, particularly Allan Meyer’s session on “Becoming A Valiant Man” (no, not the car!)
He talked about the importance of sexual purity & integrity. I recall last year’s Mens Conference & Paul DeJong mentioned that talking about temptations & getting them out in the light is a way of overcoming.
It’s interesting how a male brain is wired. Allan Meyer mentioned how images are attractive to the male eye, powerfully stimulating & that we are optic directed.
There is a lot of talk about porn in these conference settings but what about media/ads that most don’t consider porn or even the girl at the train station or at the shops! Imagery is always flashing before a guy’s eyes. One solution I read once was to start praying for the spiritual health (growth or salvation) of the female rather than getting hooked in a visual snare.
Testosterone plays a part in the formation of parts of the brain that differ between a male & female. It also is what fuels a man regarding sexual behaviour.
Regarding the brain bit – I guess testosterone formed that part of my brain that gives me the skill to walk into a shop, buy my targetted good & go home as opposed to my wife who wants to make a trip to the mall like a vacation!
Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Concerning shopping, my husband and I are opposite to most other couples. He's a spender and I'm a saver. He likes to tour around and I just buy the things I need on the list and fly out.
Sorry about that. Just to say...Susan you are definitely the exception to the rule.
What!? No comments about sex, just shopping?
Hey jason.
Ps Alan also preached that message at state conference - our senior pastor has passed it around to the staff, so I'm in the middle of listening to it. It's definitely a real eye-opener !
Thanks for dropping by Paula. Let me know your thoughts on the tape if you don't mind.
Post a Comment