Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said, "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself – Exodus 19:3,4
They (those who hope in the Lord) will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:31
The eagle symbolises power.
Known to have incredible eyesight. (I guess that’s why we have the phrase – “eagle eye")
Carried on eagle’s wings & soaring like eagles speaks to me of being lifted to a different position, a different perspective – where things look different, where you can get the bigger picture & see more context, things make more sense, kinda like a "widescreen view" on DVD I guess you could say!
This “widescreen view” is called monocular vision, and is so because the eagle has eyes on each side of its head. They can see on both sides and ahead, giving them more chance to escape danger! We have binocular vision – where each eye’s vision overlaps.
When a storm is coming (trouble brewing) the eagle is already aware of this.
When the storm comes (circumstance, challenges) the eagle sets its position so the storm’s winds will lift it above. Whilst the storm is raging below, the eagle soars above. The eagle used the storm to rise above it. PRAISE GOD! In the midst of adversity lies opportunity.
Wings are strong. They are used to harness the power of wind and to provide lift & downforce. A wing needs to be strong as it “attacks” the airflow.
Birds can use their wings as a form of protection or shelter for their young.
Ruth 2:12 - May you be richly rewarded by the LORD , the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."
They (those who hope in the Lord) WILL soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:31
THAT’S A PROMISE! AMEN
Monday, November 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jason,
Thanks for sharing this. I have always enjoyed the study of the eagle and how it can be related spiritually.
Thanks for sharing your notes, thoughts and insights. It is a blessing to read.
I don't always leave comments, but I always read and check in daily.
Catch ya later mate!
Paul
Post a Comment