Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Submission 2

Here are highlights of my second submission....will let you know if it gets in....issue theme is "When something happens" (about change)

"“When something happens…..” Something always happens. Something just happened! You, too? Something changed. Change always happens & generally writing, humans hate change......."

".......Change is inevitable. The zillion dollar question is “how do you & I react to change?” This will be the key to our success. Will we be frozen by fear? Stunned by indifference? Restricted by our inability to communicate our ideas? Bound by our lack of sales skills to sell an idea?

Or will our strength come from our positive reaction? (or should I write “action”?) And our mindset that recognises the opportunities that change hands to us?

I once feared change. I was comfortable with familiarity, mediocrity & apathy. Now I often embrace change. Sometimes I even initiate it. Hey- I’m a broker of change & you can be too if you aren’t already!


In some circles, I have heard it mentioned about the importance of being contemporary & even the term “being on the cutting edge”. We need to be prescient. We don’t just need to be on the cutting edge. We need to create a new edge."


No comments: