Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Repentance

I once discovered the Greek word "metanoia" as it was the name of an Australian Christian metal band. I then found out that it meant repentance. I thought I would try a little exercise. I asked a non-believing Greek man what "metanoia" means with no further info given & this was his reply.......



"To turn around from something that you can't stand being in the presence of & running as fast & hard as you can in the other direction"



Sounds like your life depends on it? Running hard and fast. Well, yours & my life does depend on it!



Repentance is more than sorry. It's turning around & getting away from that thing. Changing location. Remember when Jesus offered forgiveness & He then said "Go & sin no more"



Where are you & I running to? Are we running as if our lives depend on it? Somethings are not good for us in our presence. Others things are. Time to check ourselves.



1 comment:

Gavin Lloyd said...

Jason, what a great definition of 'repentance'. I will take a note of that Greek definition....brilliant!