Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Labels

Proverbs 18:21 (MSG) - " Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit--you choose"


Today another label was ripped off me & tossed in the trash! Yes, that's right Coffeegrinders -
I AM NO LONGER OBESE!
For my height, obesity is 100kgs+ , today I weighed in at 98.6kgs.



I was always the fat kid growing up. Labels stuck, labels hurt. 12 years ago I lost 45kgs but this wasn't healthy or deliberate. I did it grieving the death of my father.



Over the last 12 years I increased to 115kgs & maintained at that level for several years. In fact my wife says she has never known me at this lighter weight! This time it is deliberate, disciplined & I believe long term. I still am just short of half way to my goal.



Labels are thrown at us. Sometimes they are just plain nasty. Sometimes they contain fact. Yes, this one did.....I WAS obese. It required action on my part to change it.



I determined to work it, knowing that I needed to tap into God's resource for supernatural discipline every day. This is a partnership & we have succeeded at this initial goal. God wasn't going to let the side down & thankfully I did my part.



As I stepped toward the scales this morning, I paused in great confidence & thanked Him before I got on the scales. I stepped up & waited for the digital screen to settle on a final figure - 98.6kgs! I anchored it in by making a fist & pulling my arm in toward my body, letting out an excited "YES!"........



ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!



*Thanks to all the people who have been so supportive....your words have given life!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Congratulations Jason!

As they say on television "You are the biggest loser!"

Keep on truckin!