It has been noted in some circles that cafes have fast become the “third place” after the familiar surrounds of home & work.
These are places of relationship building, comfort & where dreams are often built & projects developed. “Buy a cup & stay all day” type of thing – well, most places!
I have often enjoyed this environment. A good read about relationships & cafes is “The Secret Blend” by Stan Toler (forward by John Maxwell)
In no particular ranking, is the church in your town “the fourth place”? A “chapel of hope”? A place of refuge, fellowship, support & encouragement? A city on a hill?
In time of need, will people run to your house? How can you add to the atmosphere of your house? What can you contribute? Are you welcoming? Am I welcoming?
Am I interested? Am I planted? Am I enthusiastic? Am I passionate? Do I listen to people? Really listen, not just hear?
In this time of need, let’s offer hope. Suffering & pain can be healed by prayer & love. Kill loneliness. Be present. Be creative. DO!
Hebrews 10:25 – “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Sunday, January 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment