Sunday, October 17, 2004

READ>THINK>PRAY>LIVE 17/10/04

MARK 1:24-45, PSALM 19, PROVERBS 4:8,9

MARK 1:24-45
Jesus is our example. He had authority & command of every situation (v.25)
v.31 - Give people a hand up, not just a hand out (permanent solution v. temporary fix)
v.38 - Know your purpose. What cause are you here for?
v.41 - Jesus was deeply moved & filled with compassion (our example)

PSALM 19
This speaks to me of seeking fresh, new & regular revelations of God. It's important to spend time with Him & in His Word daily to do this.
God has revealed so much of Himself in His Word & in His creation. I shouldn't be ignorant of this. I should be in awe of the wisdom in His Word & of His wonderful creation.
v.14 - what a great prayer for today! Pray this prayer.

PROVERBS 4:8,9
Grab hold of wisdom, hug, embrace, never let her go, value her.
Wisdom will honor you & promote you.
Wisdom will give you grace & a crown of beauty, glory & splendor.
I'm really getting the picture that Sister Wisdom is a great friend to have in your life!

No comments: