Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New Starbucks (COFFEE POST for a change)

Today, Starbucks opened a store in my town.

The nearest one previously is nearly one hour away.

I went in for a morning coffee & asked" how long have you been open?"

"about 26 (pause for dramatic effect) seconds" was the reply from the barista.

It was amazing to see the HUGE EXCITEMENT of the entire team that they could get to use the coffee machine. LOUD, LAUGHTER, URGENT, PURPOSE !!!!!!!

Apparently I was the second customer at that store, but the first customer ordered tea.

I wonder how long the excitement of making each individual cup of coffee will last. There was certainly energy there for the first cup of the store. I was blown away. Its great to see people passionate about what they do. That enthusiasm rubbed off on me for the start of my day. thanks.

2 comments:

kerche said...

Mmmm Starbucks! :P
That's hilarious how they responded with their "26 secs" answer, and that they were so eager to make coffee!
LoL!

Paul said...

Hey Jason,

That is really cool ... glad ya have your own Starbucks now ... I have been going to the same Starbucks here in Kennesaw, Ga for around 16 months.

They are still a pretty excited bunch there and they always make you welcome and know most of their regular customers by name and what they have.

Blessings my friend,

Raising my coffee cup to you,

Paul