Think On These Things Journal Entry
"Keep your relationship right with God, keep your life disciplined, and with all your strength fulfil God's purpose for your life. Your constant contact with the Vine will make it possible." - John Maxwell
Relationship def. type of connection or association, with God it has an intimate element.
How do I keep it right with God? What stops it being right with God?
SIN is the barrier. Confessing our sin keeps us in right relationship with God. Purity.
1 John 1:9
1 Tim 4:8 (MSG) - "Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today & forever"
Strength def. durability, ability to maintain a firm moral position, capacity or potential of power
Fulfil God's purpose def. carry out God's intention or desire
Ultimately, it's the Great Commission (Mark 16:15-18), the ministry of reconciliation
(2 Cor 5:18) & fruitfulness.
I need to remain in right relationship with God, connected to the Vine to flourish & produce good fruit.
Galatians 5:22-23 Fruit of the Spirit
Matthew 3:8 (MSG) - "It's your life that must change, not your skin"
Matthew 7:16 - "By their fruit you will recognise them"
Matthew 7:17 - "Every good tree bears good fruit"
John 15:8 (MSG) - " This is how my Father shows who He is - when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples"
Philippians 1:11 (MSG) - "bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory & praise of God"
Am I making Jesus attractive to all by the fruit I produce? Or am I embarrassing God?
Is my fruit tasty, delicious & fresh? Or is it rotten, decayed, spoiled & foul?
Colossians 1:6 (MSG) - " The Message bears fruit & gets larger & stronger, just as it has in you"
Fruit def. something to reap, harvest, a product, end result
Seed def. something sown, beginning, concept, image, spark
What am I sowing into my life in expectation for good fruit?
Am I in an intimate relationship with God?
Am I connected to Jesus?
Do I remain in the Vine?
John 15:5 (MSG) - " I am the Vine & you are the branches. When you're joined with me & I with you, the relation intimate & organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing"
Branches def. secondary part, subdivision, useless unless connected to HQ
Organic def. related to healthy, living organisms
Abundance def. plentiful, ample, great quantity, chock-full!
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jason,
We must thiking about the same things - getting more out of our lives! :-)
yeah Lionfish...life to the fullest & I don't think I am there yet! : )
Further to the part on "strength".....2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER, of love and of self discipline."
Post a Comment