Monday, November 08, 2004

Excellence/High Standards

The Bridgewater experience rocked (see previous post). There was housing construction going on behind me but because of the stream I couldn't hear it. Everything that was before me was completed so I positioned well!

I was drawn to Daniel as an example of someone with high standards that led to favour. I have seen great favour recently at work & wanting to learn more so I don't take it for granted, and also wanting to see more to achieve the dreams God has given me.

Here are some Bridgewater thoughts about Daniel chapter 1.

v.4 - Am I "young" enough to be trained? Am I "young" in spirit & energy?
Good looking? Make an effort with personal presentation. Represent well
Have a good, clear mind - quick to understand, possess knowledge
Be cultured & skilled. Daniel taught literature & language.
Have an ability to serve

v.5 - Three years of training - Am I teachable? Dedicated? 3 years of intense training not half a Saturday each week for a month.

v.8 - Purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself. Had strong convictions & responded to them. Took action. Purposefully lived it out.

v.9 - Favour with people because of God. Influence.

v.12 - "Please test your servants for 10 days" Submitted himself. Team player. People skills. Negotiation skills. Charisma.

v.17 - Gifted abilities obvious to other people.


No comments: