Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Think New Thoughts

My notes from my journal (see previous post) entry today

"A leader's ability to achieve anything great for God begins in his or her own heart and mind"
- John Maxwell

The mind is the battlefield where many things are won & lost.
A new heart, a new mind (2 Cor 5:17)

Leader - a simple test: is anyone following me?
Ability - natural or acquired skill or talent
Achieve -perform with SUCCESS, accomplish
Great for God - HUGE, linked in some way to the Cause.

Input - what do I allow into my heart? My mind?
Furthermore, my ears? My eyes?

Philippians 4:8 (MSG) - "Summing it all up, friends. I'd say you'll do your best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst, the beautiful, not the ugly, things to praise, not to curse"

WHO do I allow in "my world"? my inner circle?
WHO inputs into my life? Is it beautiful or ugly?
Is it of good reputation & honorable?
The people in my life have a significant impact on my life, my time & my surroundings.
Choose wisely. What do I need to change?

WHAT do I do with my time? Do I value my time?
Do I invest it on the best & not the worst?

168 HOURS AVAILABLE EACH WEEK. Make it count!
Significant, meaning, excellence, quality, regard, worth, legacy

How I spend my time impacts what I think about.
What I think about impacts the beginning of things (both good & bad)

Invest time wisely. The best, not the worst.

WHERE do I spend my time? Do I need to UPgrade my surroundings?
What atmosphere am I a part of & contribute to?
My environment?
Guard eyes (media) & guard ears (gossip)

Focus on the excellent & praiseworthy.

Am I confined? Need to change surroundings for comfort?
Too comfortable & therefore apathetic?

1 comment:

paul benger said...

Great Post! I like the thought about being too comfortable, we all need a walk in deep water now and then!