Sunday, November 28, 2004

Fishing

Anyone know where they are biting?
I am gearing up (literally) to get into some fishing. Some urge to get out into the nature and wrestle a bear for a salmon LOL. I haven't done it since I was a kid with my father & grandfather so it will be interesting. They have both passed on so I can't ask them for tips. You got any?
I have started some research on the net & noticed you can get your temporary licence at Shell servos

4 comments:

Gavin Lloyd said...

Is it coarse fishing Jason? I like to do a bit when I can. Here's a useful website (it's UK though so not sure it will help) some good hints/tips though - [http://www.fishing4fun.co.uk/index.shtml]
This seems a great Aussie site -[http://www.fishnet.com.au/]

Coffeegrind said...

Coarse? pardon my ignorance - please educate me!
Thanks for the links Gav.

Gavin Lloyd said...

Coarse=freshwater - rivers, lakes, ponds etc. Roach, rudd, carp, tench, perch etc. That's the European breeds anyway.

Coffeegrind said...

Thanks Gav! Maybe we can go fishing one day when I come over?!